Cancer Wellness Support are following Government and industry advice to take all necessary steps to help reduce transmission of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Our Board and Management is re-evaluating the situation and new information daily. We have implemented cleaning and social distancing policies, and latest health resources from www.health.gov.au to to help stop the spread of the virus in our Wellness Centres and Op Shops.
Some of the measures being undertaken are:
- All Events and Fundraisers have been postponed for two months. This will be reviewed mid May
- Hand sanitation signage throughout all premises
- Health and sanitation information provided to all staff and volunteers
- Wellness Centres
- Wellness Centres to allocate one person per day to cleaning of Bathrooms, Paying Counter and high traffic areas every 60 Minutes
- Register of cleaning to be placed in all bathrooms and signed off after each clean. This is visible to Clients
- Re-Usable Spray Bottles issued to wellness centres to help with cleaning treatment rooms after each use
- Centrefeed towels to be used for cleaning hard surface areas and thrown away once used
- Tea towels from kitchens and bathrooms have been removed
- Fabric aprons have been removed and staff will be issued with plastic aprons
- Staff, Therapists and Clients instructed to wash hands regularly with soap and water
- Signage has been placed around the Centres to be visible to Staff, Therapists and Clients
- Groups may transition to online
- Therapists to be guided by their governing associations
- For one on one therapies, the client and therapist are making bilateral decisions to attend or not
- Op Shops
- Additional dedicated hand washing areas in Op Shops
- Gloves provided for Op Shop Staff
- Op Shops have allocated one person per day to cleaning of Bathrooms, Paying Counter and sorting areas every 30 minutes
- A Register of cleaning has been placed in all bathrooms and signed off after each clean. This is visible to customers.
- Tea towels have been removed from kitchens and bathrooms.
- Fabric aprons have been removed and staff have been issued with plastic aprons
- UPDATE: Our Op Shops have now re-opened with limited hours. We also have an online Op Shop for our customers
- Have been instructed to wash hands before and after deliveries and collections
- Have been issued with gloves issued with gloves
- Have been instructed to wipe down their cabin regularly
For the further and up to date information, please see www.health.gov.au