Cancer Wellness Support has registered with the NSW Government as a COVID Safe organisation. You can download our COVID-19 Safety Plan here.
Cancer Wellness Support are following Government and industry advice to take all necessary steps to help reduce transmission of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Our Board and Management is re-evaluating the situation and new information daily. We have implemented cleaning and social distancing policies, and latest health resources from www.health.gov.au to to help stop the spread of the virus in our Wellness Centres and Op Shops.
Update 28 June 2021:
During the current lockdown period, Cancer Wellness Support Centres in Leura and Penrith will be closed and unable to accept donations until 9 July. We are still available by phone on 02 4784 2297.
Our Op Shops in Katoomba & Penrith are also closed, but staff are available for online shop order pickups from the Op Shops. The Op Shops are also contactable by phone on 02 4784 2297.
Our Online Op Shop is still available 24/7
Update 2nd February 2021:
Some of the measures being undertaken are:
- Hand sanitation signage throughout all premises.
- Health and sanitation information provided to all staff and volunteers.
- Wellness Centres
- Check-in using the NSW Service Centre QR code.
- It is strongly recommended that all clients entering our Wellness Centres wear a mask.
- Clients to hand sanitise upon entry and departure.
- COVID-19 screening questionnaire to be completed when having a therapy.
- 30 minute breaks to be re-instated between therapies (your Therapist may contact you regarding your appointment time).
- Prior to your appointment please check the NSW Health website to check that you have not visited any hotspots – the website is https://www.health.nsw.gov.au
- If you are unwell or have any COVID 19 symptoms please call your Therapist to cancel your appointment.
- Re-usable spray bottles issued to wellness centres to help with cleaning treatment rooms after each use.
- Centrefeed towels to be used for cleaning hard surface areas and thrown away once used.
- Tea towels from kitchens and bathrooms have been removed.
- Fabric aprons have been removed and staff will be issued with plastic aprons.
- Staff, Therapists and Clients instructed to wash hands regularly with soap and water.
- Signage has been placed around the Centres to be visible to Staff, Therapists and Clients.
- Groups may transition to online.
- Wellness Centres to allocate one person per day to cleaning of bathrooms, paying counter and high traffic areas every 60 minutes.
- Register of cleaning to be placed in all bathrooms and signed off after each clean. This is visible to clients.
- Therapists to be guided by their governing associations.
- For one on one therapies, the client and therapist are making bilateral decisions to attend or not.
- Op Shops
- Additional dedicated hand washing areas in Op Shops.
- Customers to hand sanitise upon entry and departure.
- Gloves provided for Op Shop Staff.
- A Register of cleaning has been placed in all bathrooms and signed off after each clean. This is visible to customers.
- Tea towels have been removed from kitchens and bathrooms.
- Fabric aprons have been removed and staff have been issued with plastic aprons.
- It is strongly recommended that all customers entering our Op Shops wear a mask.
- Have been instructed to wash hands before and after deliveries and collections
- Have been issued with gloves issued with gloves
- Have been instructed to wipe down their cabin regularly
For the further and up to date information, please see www.health.gov.au