- Kerry’s Career began in the Cosmetic Industry culminating in a successful career in sales, marketing and training and involved working on an international level.
- Developed and ran a family owned wholesales distribution company being a major agent for global companies supplying the hospitality industry.
- Successfully selling the wholesale distribution company moved on to develop, build and run family owned Ballina Beach Resort, primarily being responsible for design, project management, sales and marketing.
- The family moved further north and Kerry entered the Regional Tourism area becoming Manager for Tweed /Coolangatta Tourism and then joined Tourism NSW as Regional Manager looking after areas north of Sydney.
- During her time with Tourism NSW Kerry was responsible for introducing many initiatives including getting two State government agencies to work collaboratively on initiatives relating to tourism.
- Kerry joined Blue Mountains City Council heading up their Tourism Branch and under this role was CEO of Blue Mountains Regional Tourism Body.
- Kerry Successfully accessed and reported on Government Grant programs including;
- Accessing 1million dollars for a recovery program following the 2000/01 bushfires which devastated Blue Mountains and South Coast and utilizing some of that funding to rebrand Blue Mountains Region as a premier destination for both domestic and international visitation.
- Accessing and reporting on $500,000 Commonwealth funds to develop ‘The Greater Blue Mountains Drive’ a project which won 2008 NSW Tourism Award and National Qantas Tourism Award for new tourism development.
- Kerry is recognised for attracting the Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa development to the Blue Mountains Region a one hundred million plus investment in the Region and State, a huge benefit to NSW with every State in Australia vying to attract this investment with a Global Airline and Tourism Company.
Kerry Has held Industry Board positions including;
- Gold Coast Tourism and Convention Board/Represented Tourism New South Wales on Northern Rivers/Mid North Coast/Central Coast/Hunter/Big Sky Country and Blue Mountains Tourism Boards
- Vice Chair Australian Regional Tourism Board/Board Member Centre of Regional Tourism Research connected to Southern Cross University
- Vice Chair and Acting Chair of NSW Greater Western Sydney Economic Development Board
- Board Member of Blue Mountains Cancer Help.