Volunteer Hours Donated
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Cancer Wellness Support
By volunteering, you can make a difference in your local community. For some volunteers, this is a chance to give something back to the community, to use your knowledge and experience to make a difference in the lives of people who have experienced cancer. It may also be the opportunity to learn new skills and experience, in a supportive environment.
Make your life more rewarding
You will benefit through:
- The satisfaction of supporting people
- Passing on your skills and teaching others
- Embracing new skills
- Gaining a sense of community and friendship
We are seeking enthusiastic and customer focused people who would like to assist in our community Op Shops. Our shops are open 7 days per week and involve:
- Sorting donations of clothes, shoes and bric a brac.
- General tidying of the shop to achieve a high level of presentation
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Minimum 4 hour shift 1 day per week up to as much time as you would like to give. We are open 7 days per week.
- Volunteers will be trained on-site in work health & safety procedures
How to apply?
Simply fill in the form below to apply.
Volunteer participation is integral for the survival of Cancer Wellness Support. Each year, approximately 29,000 volunteer hours are contributed by over 70 volunteers working with our Op Shops, administration, fund-raising and community events.
What do Cancer Wellness Support volunteers do?
- Help to sort, shelve & rotate Op Shop stock
- Help with pricing & sales in the Op Shops
- Help with furniture pick up & delivery
- Help in administration in our Wellness Centres or Op Shops
- Help with client transport
- Help with fundraising, community service & cancer awareness events
More volunteers are always needed
Some of the benefits of volunteering are:
- Feeling good about serving your local community
- Being part of a dynamic, caring and supportive team
- Improved ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Better understanding of community needs
You can sign up to become a volunteer below.
I volunteer one morning a week in the Katoomba Op Shop. Principally to support them in their endeavours to raise funds to provide services to people who have or have had cancer. I work with a great bunch of people, and my morning rolls by, generally with much laughter.
Volunteering at Katoomba Op Shop has been a great experience and hopefully, my participation helps make a difference to cancer patients and their families. Also, I'm working with a lovely group of people with whom I share a great camaraderie and lots of laughs. It actually makes working fun.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.