Become a Volunteer
Volunteer participation is integral for the survival of Cancer Wellness Support. Each year, approximately 29,000 volunteer hours are contributed by over 70 volunteers working with our Op Shops, administration, fund-raising and community events.
What do Cancer Wellness Support volunteers do?
- Help to sort, shelve & rotate Op Shop stock
- Help with pricing & sales in the Op Shops
- Help with furniture pick up & delivery
- Help in administration in our Wellness Centres or Op Shops
- Help with client transport
- Help with fundraising, community service & cancer awareness events
More volunteers are always needed
Some of the benefits of volunteering are:
- Feeling good about serving your local community
- Being part of a dynamic, caring and supportive team
- Improved ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Better understanding of community needs
You can sign up to become a volunteer below.
I volunteer one morning a week in the Katoomba Op Shop. Principally to support them in their endeavours to raise funds to provide services to people who have or have had cancer. I work with a great bunch of people, and my morning rolls by, generally with much laughter.
Volunteering at Katoomba Op Shop has been a great experience and hopefully, my participation helps make a difference to cancer patients and their families. Also, I'm working with a lovely group of people with whom I share a great camaraderie and lots of laughs. It actually makes working fun.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.